The Ethos of St Luke’s Hospital is a framework that guides our thoughts, attitudes, behaviour and approach. At our core, we care for the whole person. We do this through the provision of our key services.
Each quadrant of our Ethos seeks to guide every staff in our delivery of care, keeping our mission constantly top of mind — to be a Christian healthcare provider enriching lives in the communities and thus, transform community care.
Philosophy of Care
Model of Care
- Our dedicated medical team with post-graduate training in family and geriatric medicine is augmented by visiting specialists. Working with partners improves coordinated care.
- Optimise medical conditions
- Restore and enhance functional abilities
- Medical social workers help patients and caregivers cope with financial, psychosocial and emotional issues, including referrals to community support services for continuity of care.
- Community integration
- Empowerment and enhancing self-efficacy
- The answers to some struggles are beyond the reach of medicine. A listening ear with emotional and spiritual support help to lift the spirits of patients and caregivers.
- Facilitate restoration
- Build confidence and resilience
- “Love in Action”
- We serve with compassion, valuing and caring for every individual.
- “Our best is the least we can do”
- We strive to deliver the best outcome and highest quality of service.
- “Every person is significant”
- We respect every patient, client and each other – serving in our different roles, trating every individual with consideration and dignity
- “How we live speaks loudest”
- We adhere to the highest standard of professionalism, ethics and personal responsibility, worthy of the trust our patients, clients and stakeholder place in us.
- “Our gift is to give back”
- We ensure mission sustainability through prudent investment in and of all resources entrusted to us.
- “Together we can go further”
- We value the contribution of all and share responsibility for our services towards a common goal.