Responsibilities and Duties:
- To network with other partners in ILTC setting to enhance continual support to patients and their families post discharge from community hospitals so as to ensure optimum health outcomes.
- To conduct post discharge follow-up (via phone call and/or home visit) to ensure patients and caregivers’ ability to cope with home care by helping to streamline and coordinate the range of community services available.
- To help patients and their families to plan for and improve end of life care (for patients with terminal illnesses)
- To participate in hospital activities that contribute towards improving the quality of patient care e.g. research or innovative projects that enhance patient care.
- To be an advocate for patients and their families.
- To develop generic care management tools to coordinate care for patients.
- To identify, analyze and address key problems in the holistic management of patients.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and statistics as required.
- Supervision of junior staff.
- Professional qualification in Nursing, Social Work or Allied Health or/and any clinical discipline relevant to the job.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Care Coordinator in an acute or community setting in Singapore.