This course is designed to broaden one’s knowledge and enhance skills learned from the course. The emphasis on enhancing and consolidating participants’ assessment and handling skills. The client/patient practicum of the course involves clients/patients with a variety of CNS lesions (stroke, traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis, ataxia).
Who should attend:
Registered Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist (For both conditional and full registered therapist from AHPC of Singapore) who work with individuals’ post-stroke and/or brain injury & completed Certificate in Neuro-Development (NDT).
- Link the ICF Model for client/patient evaluation and treatment planning.
- Analyze effective and ineffective movement strategies during the performance of functional activities.
- Prioritize impairments contributing to these ineffective posture and movement strategies.
- Formulate appropriate treatment strategies for persons with neurological dysfunction.
- Design and implement appropriate treatment strategies during treatment practicum.
- Lectures, labs, group problem-solving, and client/patient demonstration by the instructors.