Increasing the Participation of Aiding People with Aphasia in the Community
Persons with aphasia often need support to facilitate successful communication and participation. Join this course, organised by St Luke’s Hospital, to learn basic knowledge of aphasia and the types of communication modalities available for effective and meaningful conversation.
· Understand aphasia and its causes.
· Understand the effects of aphasia on communication.
· Recognise the need for communication support for people with aphasia.
· Understand the application of supported communication techniques to improve the quality of life for people with aphasia.
· Apply strategies to support conversational abilities in adults with aphasia.
Who Should Attend: Allied Health Professionals (Speech Therapist), Support Care Staff (Therapy Assistant, Nursing Aide), Enrolled Nurse, Registered Nurse, Doctor
Course Enquiries: Please contact Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Register at: https://lms.wizlearn.com/AIC
Training Duration: 1 Full Day
Learning Mode: Online (Zoom)