Medication management (intermediate)
Upcoming course dates will be announced later.
Having had some basic knowledge of drugs, this intermediate medication management course will help staff working in healthcare settings, to gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of drugs used to treat commonly encountered conditions.
- Learn how the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of drugs would be affected by ageing and disease
- Learn about the various drugs used to manage common medical conditions
- Recognise and manage common adverse reactions caused by medications
Course outline (2 days)
- Basic pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Drug formulations and routes of administration of drugs
- Mechanisms of drug interactions
- Drugs used in common cardiovascular disorders (Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia)
- Drugs used in common endocrine disorders (diabetes mellitus, thyroid disorders)
- Drugs used in common respiratory disorders (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, asthma)
- Drugs used in common orthopedic conditions (osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, gout)
- Drugs used in common infections (urinary tract infection, skin infections)
6895 2782, firstname.lastname@example.org