Safe Feeding in the Community: How Can I Help?
Join this course, organised by St Luke’s Hospital, to learn how to care for people with dysphagia. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of dysphagia and aspiration pneumonia, and perform simple care management skills.
· Explain the causes of dysphagia
· Identify the signs and symptoms of dysphagia and aspiration pneumonia
· Explain the purpose of diet and fluid modifications
· Prepare fluids of different consistencies
· Identify fluids and diets of different consistencies
· Employ basic safe feeding techniques
· Explain the role of oral hygiene in the person with dysphagia
Who Should Attend: Support Care Staff (Therapy Assistant, Nursing Aide), Enrolled Nurse, Registered Nurse
Course Enquiries: Please contact Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Register at: https://lms.wizlearn.com/AIC
Training Duration: 1 Full Day
Learning Mode: Face to Face