Therapeutic Use of Music in Various Populations and Settings (Intermediate)
The course entails the various types of musical modalities (theoretical, clinical, practical) that could potentially be used to treat patients/clients’ needs/behaviors/challenging situations as well as acknowledging the purpose and importance of a music therapist in healthcare settings. No background in music is needed for this course.
· Know the definition of Music Therapy and the job scope of a Music Therapist
· Identify various musical resources and Infection control with musical instruments for hygiene and work safety purposes
· Understand the difference between Music Therapy and Music performance
· Take note of considerations that should be made before music is introduced.
· Understand the purpose of using music in an individual or group setting.
· Differentiate the level of music and clinical skill required to practice in various methods of Music Therapy practice (Neurologic Music Therapy, Guided Imagery Music, Nordoff-Robbins etc).
· To acknowledge the various activities, one could do as oppose to a Music Therapist.
· Learning and understanding how the theoretical and practical part of music can be combined with the clinical application
· Explore a wide variety of case studies in various settings
· Share and discuss challenging behaviours encountered in different settings
· Offer possible solutions by using music to various challenging behaviours of patients or circumstances
· Recap and reflect on the various topics learnt from Day 1 and 2
· To identify and tackle more advances behaviours (more minimally responsive)
· To share music resources for more support
Who Should Attend: Support Care Staff (Therapy Assistants, Nursing Aides, Programme Coordinators)
Competency Mapping (CCSSF):
· Perform and Monitor Individualised Therapy Intervention (Basic II)
· Conduct Structured Group Activities (Basic II)
· Encourage Participation in Structured Group (Intermediate)
· Identify and Conduct Activities (Basic II)
· Plan and Conduct Activities for Persons with Dementia and Persons with Mental Health Issues (Intermediate)
Course Enquiries: Please contact Isabel at email@example.com
Register at: https://lms.wizlearn.com/AIC
Training Duration: 2 Full Days
Learning Mode: Face to Face