Wound care course (basic)
A wound neglected is a wound infected. Join this course to be equipped with fundamental knowledge and skills in wound care, so as to provide holistic wound care for patients.
- Gain knowledge and skills to provide skin care and maintain skin health.
- Implement evidence-based care in assessment, prevention and management of pressure injury.
- Be up to date on the latest wound care products.
- Be empowered to provide holistic wound care for patients.
Course outline (4 half days)
- Anatomy and physiology of the skin
- Effects of ageing on the skin
- Common skin disorders among the elderly
- General skin assessment of patient
- Skin tear stages and management
- Skin excoriation
- Risk assessment and management of pressure injury
- Introduction to wound care products
- Applying appropriate wound dressing
- Case presentation on skin tear and pressure injury
REGISTER through your organisation’s designated AIC LMS Administrator :
6895 2782, firstname.lastname@example.org