A wound neglected is a wound infected. Join this course to be equipped with advanced knowledge and skills in wound care. The course is accredited by European Wound Management Association.
- Gain skills in wound assessment and evidence-based knowledge in wound management technique.
- Be up to date on the latest wound care products.
- Be empowered to provide holistic wound care for patients.
- Physiology and factors affecting wound healing
- General skin assessment of patient
- Types of wounds
- Role of a wound nurse
- Wound assessment and wound infection
- Criteria of a wound assessment chart
- Techniques of obtaining wound specimen for investigation
- Criteria of an ideal wound dressing
- Types of wound products and cleansing solutions
- Types of stoma, management and complications
- Discharge planning, patient education on wound and stoma care
- Management of pressure injury
- Introduction to leg ulcers
- Clinical attachment
- Clinical attachment, Course assessment: written test (50%), case study presentation (50%)
Who Should Attend:
Registered Nurse with minimum 2 years experience or attended St Luke’s Hospital Wound Care (Basic) course.
Competency Mapping (CCSSF):
- Perform Wound Care
- Assess Wound Progress
For Enquiry, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (6895 2782)